As the name suggests, this Chrome extension is simply a shortcut to eBay.
It’s literally a bookmark but placed in the toolbar instead of the regular bookmarks menu.
To download, rate or review it — visit it’s Chrome Web Store page:
On this page you’ll find all the important info about this Chrome extension. Keep reading if you are curious or have questions.
- 1 Ebay Button in the Toolbar
- 2 Overview
- 3 Questions & Answers
- 3.1 Why adding separate extension for something that needs only a bookmark?
- 3.2 But extensions eat system memory, why wasting resources just for one simple bookmark?
- 3.3 How to get to the options page?
- 3.4 Does it work on mobile?
- 3.5 Does it work on other browsers?
- 3.6 How to remove, uninstall, delete, get rid of this extension?
- 3.7 How to set it to open my local eBay site?
- 3.8 How to set it to open eBay in the current tab instead of creating new tab?
- 3.9 How to add the shortcut to the context menu?
- 3.10 How to change the toolbar icon?
- 4 Disclaimer
Ebay Button in the Toolbar
This add-on creates a bookmark to ebay right in your Chrome toolbar. Click on the icon and you’ll open ebay.com — this is all about the main function of the “extension”. There are, however, some options available: you can change the default target (ebay.com) to your local version of Ebay (for example — ebay.co.uk), you can set it to create new tab or to use the current tab and you can change the bookmark icon to best fit your Chrome theme (there are several pre-made icons and an option to set your own).
- Add a shortcut to the toolbar instead of the bookmarks menu
- Select your preferred eBay site (.com, .co.uk, .co.jp etc.)
- lightweight (doesn’t use system resources besides the icon on the toolbar)
- easy customization (change icon and button behavior)
- option to add it to the context menu
Questions & Answers
Why adding separate extension for something that needs only a bookmark?
Because bookmarks can’t be added to the toolbar, and there are changeable icons (and some other fancy options) for better look and feel
But extensions eat system memory, why wasting resources just for one simple bookmark?
Not actually, the Ebay button doesn’t eat memory. Technically said: it utilizes non-persistent background script, which, in English, implies the extension does not need to set aside memory (check the Chrome Task Manager in the event that you need to see with your own eyes: when you tap on the extension icon it will open Ebay and free all resources after that). It acts like bookmark and the main “resources” it utilizes is for the screen space of the icon itself (yes, it takes some space from the toolbar, but it was made to do this 😉
How to get to the options page?
Follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the extension icon in the toolbar (see among the hidden icons if you don’t see it)
- Click “Options”
Alternatively, type “chrome://extensions” (without the quotes) in the url bar, click Enter, find the Ebay Button and click on the “options” link.
Does it work on mobile?
Unfortunately — no, Chrome for desktop is the only browser supported
Does it work on other browsers?
Nope. Only Chrome right now…
How to remove, uninstall, delete, get rid of this extension?
For each and any Chrome extension: It’s simple as a piece of cake. Just right-click on the toolbar icon and select “Remove from Chrome”. Or, in case you can’t find the icon — go to the “extensions” page (type chrome://extensions in the url field) and remove the add-on from there.
How to set it to open my local eBay site?
Right-click on the extension’s icon and select “Options”, then just check the ebay version you want to open when you click the button
How to set it to open eBay in the current tab instead of creating new tab?
Right-click on the extension’s icon and select “Options”, then uncheck the first checkbox
Go to the options page (see above) and check the “Add settings button to context menu” checkbox
How to change the toolbar icon?
Go to the “Options” page and play with the icons. There are several to choose from. If none fits your current theme (or aesthetic feeling) — you can set your own 19×19 pixel icon. (Custom icon should be in supported format (like *.gif or *.png or *.jpg) and located on your local drive)
This extension is not an official Ebay product. It is made by us (openaddons.com) and is not associated in any way with eBay Inc.
We made it for our own convenience and published it for anyone who may find it useful, but it comes with no warranty of any kind.